How does a septic tank work?
The step by step process
- Waste water from the household kitchen, laundry, bathroom and toilet systems are directed to one common drainage pipe.
- The drainage pipe leads to an All-waste Holding Tank where naturally occurring bacteria starts the treatment process by breaking down settled solids through anaerobic digestion.
- The liquid waste water is then passed through to the Sand Filter where there is a number of layers of rock and natural sands which filtrate and purify the water to a very good quality.
- This water enters the Pump Well.
- The treated effluent is then automatically pumped to the designated irrigation area.